Saturday, May 30, 2009

'My Mind is a Gypsy'

Good morning Pumpkin,
I thought I'd write to tell you about my mom. I love my mom. She has great spirit. Here are some photos - have you ever seen such spirit?


She has had a brain tumor and now maybe Alzheimer s too - no, they don't seem to cancel each other out. :-) But she still has great spirit!

When she forgets something she says, 'Oh, forgive me; my mind is a gypsy.'
I called her first thing in the morning on her birthday. When she picked up the phone she was crying. "What's the matter mom?"
"I'm nutsy. I don't know where I am or anything."
"Well mom, I'm calling to say 'Happy Birthday' and 'I love you'. You're 83 today.''
"Oh my God!!! I'm 83??!! No wonder why I'm nutsy. Anybody would be nutsy if they woke up and realized they were 83!!!!!"
I visited her today and we did a jigsaw puzzle - under 100 pieces otherwise it's no fun. (Doing a jigsaw puzzle is a Saturday activity.)
Well, I must go now.
Happy Trails and Happy Saturday to you,
Luv,
Itsa

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed being here, and I will come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda! How did you find out about this blog?
    Itsa Cin

    ReplyDelete