Thursday, July 9, 2009

The bad haircut

So here are the happy boys on their way to get their haircut. They are optimistic. It's summer and a lot of wool is just too hot. They believe and I believe that after they see the 'barber' they will be cooler and stylish. How can they not be cute?
Now here is Jobey looking a little wary, probably because he is looking at my face and I'm starting to have doubt. The Shepherd is Andrew Rice from Hogget Hill Farm in Brattleboro, Vermont and he is amazing - very experienced and knowledgeable. I think he said he's sheared something like 300,000 sheep. However, a few minutes before this picture was taken I suggested that he leave their cute wooley faces and he said, 'Lady, I'm not a groomer. They'll get military haircuts.' Now I'm worried. And you know how somewhere in all of our psychies there is this knowledge that looks change everything - who we are, how others feel about us... our whole image.....?

Oh dear. Our fears were realized. I keep going out to see them hoping that by some miracle their wool has magically grown back in the last few minutes but.. they still look the same. They keep looking at each other like,' What the heck happened to you? I hope I don't look like that!' I want those sweet smiles back.... darn. Sigh. Well, I'm told the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks. I'll post new pics in 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I love Bromley's and Jobey's hair cut, .. but I think you might miss their "fluffy" faces. I do, a little, but the Baa Brothers are still adorable and definately "dressed" for the season!!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bromley was born with a beard and I miss it. I was afraid it wouldn't grow back, but this morning I see there are little wisps of fluff on each side under his chin. Yeh! :-) It's over a week now; I'll post a new picture in about 5 days. Jobey just doesn't have a beard.

    ReplyDelete