Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dracula's Cat?

There's something about our cat. Her fur is exquisitely soft and her eyes are large and sweet. Sometimes when she tilts her head just right I can't help but reach down and pet her . For 15 seconds she'll close her eyes and sink a little as if she loves it. Then...FLASH! She's a weed wacker and you'll pull your bloody hand away in shock. On the other hand, she is very clean and never meows - rarely even when she's very hungry. However, around midnight for about a dozen nights in Spring, she will howl - long, loud, pitiful howls completely out of proportion to her size.
I didn't think anything of any of this (except 'she is so wierd') until Har and I went to see the performance of Dracula at the Harwich Junior Theater this week. (It was wonderful, by the way, but we sat in the second row and I was actually scared -next time I want more audience between me and Dracula.). Now it's obvious-I don't understand why I didn't see it before- Smudgey is from Translavania!
She's near me right now; I'm going to take a picture. What do you think?








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments:

Post a Comment